Heads North Carolina Tails Kansas

1 comment

     I get asked ALL the time, when are you coming to visit? How long is your husband in the Army? Will you be here on this date for this function? Being an Army Wife, you have to learn how to adapt to your situation and accept that you never really know when you will be able to do anything for certain.

      To some people, this might sound miserable but I have come to learn to deal with it. Everything from my original wedding to a nice dinner out with my husband has been cancelled for his duties with the Army. If you’re affiliated with the military you kind of realize that’s just how it goes.

     2015 is going to be a big year for us as there are some major changes that are going to happen in our lives, one way or another. I am currently a student at Kansas State University and I will be graduating with my bachelor’s degree this December. I have worked so hard and the finish line is so close! I have already completed most of my classes and am just finishing up my last courses online.

     I also work at our church’s Preschool Academy teaching little 3&4 year olds during the week. It is an awesome job and their smiles make the tough days worth it. Aside from studying and working, the rest of my days are filled with: photography, traveling, and trying out new crafts and recipes in my spare time.

     My husband, Spencer is getting out of the Army this year. Yikes? Hooray? Not really sure which of those it is at this point. Regardless, we have some major decisions to make.

     Lately, the name of the game is job searching. My husband has applied for a really great company and made it through several rounds of interviews thus far towards an excellent position. This could mean a chance to move within an hour away from a lot of our family and is an awesome opportunity for Spencer. However, the thoughts are still in our minds. What if this doesn’t work out?

     It’s a scary thought to start back at square one. Would we continue to search for more jobs in North Carolina? Do we just make the decision to stay put for longer than expected? Does he want to re-enlist and possibly live in another location that we would never have picked out for ourselves? None of those options sound so appealing.

     If you are anything like me at all, you love to have a plan. Whether it’s a five year plan, or just knowing an overview of what the next month is going to look like for you, you have it all planned out. Moving across the country is A LOT to plan. Houses, jobs, new friends, new churches, new everything. It is so exciting but so terrifying all at once. This is especially true when you aren’t quite sure where you will be going.

     So, I have decided to blog about this journey, and the ones to follow. I love writing and it will be a great way to look back on how I felt and how far I have come in the future. So, I’ll leave y'all with some pictures. Feel free to stick around if we share some of the same interests, or even if you just want to see how this journey all pans out.

XOXO,


Carlee








1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.