Springing Forward

4 comments
As you know from a previous post, I absolutely love when the seasons change and shopping accordingly to decorate for it. Spring is coming!!! I am so excited. Spring brings so many things that are special to me. Easter, mine and Spencer's birthdays, our anniversary, not to mention warmer weather and summer is around the corner! This Spring is going to be a little tougher than normal for me though. Spencer is preparing to leave for a month long training that is far away. To add on to that, one of my new friends here who I have been spending a lot of time with is leaving too. I'm not anywhere close to most of my family and friends so times like these scare me. We won't be able to communicate and he will be missing Easter and some other special stuff. It's always hard when he leaves, no matter how long. But I have to admit, the extended training's with no phone can be even harder than the deployment he went on was for me. Yep you read that right. I think I feel this way because there is literally no communication for a good portion of it. 



I keep telling myself that as an Army wife I need to get used to handling these things on my own. But then when I really think about it, I never want there to come a time when I don't care when he leaves or don't miss him. I am just determined that I will do the best I can while he is gone to have fun, work hard, and make time pass quickly. On a brighter note, I have family coming to visit me for the first time in Kansas! Yay! We even set up a little guest room just in preparation for it. Kansas is a long ways away from North Carolina. We have just been visiting our family every chance we got. But, this month I won't be able to leave because of school and work so some of my family is coming to me! My dad will be coming and staying for a long weekend right after Spencer leaves and then my little brother is flying out a couple of weeks later for his Spring Break. There isn't a whole lot to do out here in Kansas but I am excited to show them around base, our home, and my college. I am even planning on attending my first K State athletic event with my dad, baseball! We are going to go to a K State game while he is here. I am super excited that we are supposed to be having warm weather for it.



Some other things I am planning for the months of March and April are getting my house decorated for Spring! Of course, I already have quite a few ideas on Pinterest. I just love making wreaths for every season.






Aside from that, my goals are to stay in the gym! I have made it a habit the last couple of weeks and I plan to go even harder all through March and April. Nothing like the thought of putting on a bikini in a few months to motivate me to get my lazy tail off of the couch! Lastly, I want to continue trying new and healthier recipes. For a long time, I was working 2 jobs and going to school full time. I realized that was not doing me or my marriage any good. Thankfully, I was in a position to let some hours go from one of those jobs and take a lot of online classes this semester. So far it has resulted in me trying over 20 new recipes and shopping healthier. I love having enough time to relax, study harder to make better grades, and even fix better meals for my husband and I. So far, I am loving the sounds of Spring and can't wait to see how far I get with these goals!


XOXO,

Carlee




4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you Army wives do it! I'm seriously grateful for people like you and for your husbands service to our country! Keep your head up over the next month or so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an eventful spring you have coming up with all those celebrations! I love when the seasons change too and am currently working on my spring décor! Time away from the hubby is worst, hoping the month goes really quick! Focus on the excitement of your family visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you will have family and events to keep you from being so alone while Spencer is gone (God bless him) and pray the time goes by quickly...when you're my age it goes really fast lol.. Enjoy and savor every moment in your journey of life.. I love the ideas from pinterest.. I'm glad you realize the importantance of balancing your time, you are making good choices..I love yall and hope all is well.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.